Friday, October 23, 2009

Immortal Sins By Amanda Ashley

For the first time in what seems like forever I have a book I don’t want to ever read again. In fact this is one I wish I hadn’t read the first time. The story concept sound so cool. A Vampire imprisoned in a painting for seducing a Wizards Daughter. Only someone calling him out can end the curse. Which our heroine Karinna Adams does. They then have a quick agreement in which she helps him free the Wizards daughter, who once free is still in love with the hero vampire Jason Rourke. That is until she meets a couple of other vampires and finds out the truth about Jason. Then the Wizard attacks, Karinna is captured in a painting. Jason has to convert her to free her… Ok sounds goo right. Well don’t be misled. The book feels like it is hurried. That the author had the ideas for the story but didn’t write it in her style. (I have always loved her books in the past.) At times I question the sanity of Karinna, who seems so gullible and stupid. She can’t afford to buy a painting, yet to help Jason she spends tons of money on clothes and a trip to Transylvania. Jason seems like a good character at first. His scenes in the painting can hook you into feeling his story but once he’s out it’s like “hey look at me I am all powerful” feeling. Plus the man just seams stereotyped in his romance of Karinna. This book needed more fire and romance!

I don’t want to rate this book! I just didn’t like it!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't like the book.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a avide reader I am not always going to like what I read! But I do have admit that most of the time I love your stories. I think I cut my teeth on your first books...Its why I felt so bad about this one! But to be fare I am re-reading one of the clasics for a review!

    ReplyDelete