Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Wicked Enemy By Carolyn Jewel

This is a book I put in my collection a while ago and forgot about it until the sequel came out by the author. I decided to re-read it just to refresh my mind on the story plot. Basically it’s about Carson Philips, a witch whose power has been tampered with to the point that she is basically a living battery. She runs away from her guardian, who is using her as the battery, after witnessing him sacrifice what she thinks is a man in a ritual ceremony. During her flight she is captured by her ex-guardians enemy, a warlord fiend named Nikodemus. Nikodemus is a desert fiend who wins Carson loyalty by saving her life. Through the whole book Carson complete stupidity about what she is causing her problem after problem, it even gets to the point where she becomes corrupted by a fiend talisman and is dying. Along the way Nickodemus falls for her and does everything he can, even accepting her as part of his kin under a fidelity bond. All in all the books is pretty good read if you love agilest tails of good and bad. I like the concepts of loyalty and magic used in every part of the book. I just hope the second is as good as the first.

I give it:

No comments:

Post a Comment