Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Twilight Fall by Lynn Viehl

I discovered this series on the coffee table at my local B&N. While I was waiting for the teen behind the counter to make my caramel white chocolate latté I perused the large selection of books someone had dumped on the table. The cover of the first book really caught my eye. As I sat there reading I discovered a great twist on your everyday vampire story. This book looks to be the sixth in the serous. Its focused around the fast paced romance between Valentin Jaus, a Darkyn Lord, and the allusively mysterious Liling Harper. Liling is running away from the Brethren after a photo of her is published in the local paper. Since Jaus is headed in the same direction, and is majorly attracted to her, he offers the use of his plane. Only to have the plane high jacked by the Brethren. The brethren also have a rouge agent who cares nothing for the Darkyn, but for the girl he feels he needs to capture/kill. As the parties meet up in the back woods of Florida, Liling’s story starts to emerge. She is accidently converted by Jaus and admits that she truly desires him. Everyone ends up back in Chicago, where the story of how the brethren manipulated the DNA of little girls is exposed to the characters. Liling and the rogue meat up and settle there differences. The ending feels a little more rushed then the rest of the books in the series, but over all I would recommend reading it if you like vampire stories. I defiantly see a second series splitting off from this series. If you haven’t read any of the Darkyn stories though it might be hard to follow who everyone is. This author loves to cross plot lines throughout her series. Which is one reason I keep reading her!

I rate it:

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good book. I will definitely be looking to add this series of books to my collection. Really good review.

    Paul
    http://gossipingaboutbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our blogger book community. Your book choices definitely add some spice and variety.

    http://oohbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete