Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Demon in Me By Michelle Rowen

Let me start by saying it is so nice to finally have time to read and review books again. That being said I'm a little sorry this is the first book I managed to prick up to review from my local book store. As avid lover of anything romantic that goes bump in the night I had high hopes for this book. It wasn't that I was let down, more that I was left wanting more from the end of the book. With all that being said let e give you an oversight of the story. It starts out with our "psychic" hero finding any and every reason to doubt her abilities in life. At a local crime scene she stumble upon the serial killer in a closet, and whats even more amazing is that the serial killer is possessed with a demon. As we later find out the demon is cursed to possess humans due to a fall out with a black with many many years ago. So as the serial killer is killed by the local bad boy cop the demon inherits Eden Riley and due to here abnormal ability's is able to take human form for the first time since the curse being placed. The big thing is hes only corporal during the day, the rest of the time Darrak as the demon likes to be called is talking part of Eden. Eden, like all self doubting women, wants to do anything and everything to get the demon out. Her desires end up causing a demon hunting fanatic to fallow her. As the story progress you meet more and more "other" who need Eden help as a privet eye. But through it all Darrak and Eden fall for each other, which like all good romances you expect. The sad part of the story is that it never really resolves there love into a happy ever after story. For that you will need to read the next book when it comes out. And that is the part that I did not like. I want a story that end with love, not a saga that continues and you hope it all eventually ends in love. I will say that the book does have a good sense of humor in it and that the characters are all well written.

I rate this book:

(I will review the next book when it is release, so stay tuned!)

No comments:

Post a Comment